(Credit: Mark Jones)

Homepage

The director of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle docuseries "walks out"

It has been reported that the director of the Meghan Markle and Prince Harry docuseries has walked out on the couple. The director, Garrett Bradley, is said to have had a falling out with the ex-Royals and has left her role. 

Many might not be aware of Bradley’s work, but she was the mind behind the celebrated Netflix series Naomi Osaka, an intimate look at one of the most gifted and complex tennis players of her generation. Consisting of three episodes, it premiered on the streaming service in July 2021.

Now though, Page Six reports that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have fallen out with Bradley. Per the publication’s account, “Garrett wanted Harry and Meghan to film at home and they were not comfortable doing that.”

It continued: “There were a few sticky moments between them, and Garrett left the project. Harry and Meghan’s own production company captured as much footage as they could before Liz Garbus was hired.”

This accounts for why the couple were spotted walking around New York City with a second film crew earlier this year. It is also said that the couple “kept multiple walls” up with Bradley, leading to clashes before she departed the project. Not much else is known about the project, with the release is expected sometime in 2023.

Earlier this month, it was also revealed that the late Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, Harry’s grandfather, was so upset over an episode of The Crown that he considered suing Netflix. The episode in question came in the show’s second season, and he was angered as it appeared to blame him for his sister’s death. Duly, he consulted several lawyers about his options. 

A royal historian, Hugo Vickers, told the Sunday Times: “I know Prince Philip consulted his lawyer about it, to ask ‘what can I do about it?’ He was very upset about the way that was portrayed. He was human. He could be hurt like anybody else.”

The Crown season five kicked off earlier this month.