Rotten Tomatoes has been the most reliable film review site since time immemorial. Many film lovers check the scores on the Tomatometer to save time from indulging in trashy flicks and watch films they would genuinely enjoy instead. In the content minefield of Netflix, that is all the more important.
Netflix has been aggressively producing content despite its financial losses during the first few quarters of 2022. From films and documentaries to shows and reality TV, the streamer has tasted great success in last year’s Oscar season due to the various nominations across the categories.
Created by Euros Lyn, the 2022 show Heartstopper, starring Kit Connor and Joe Locke, managed to win hearts with the sweet queer rom-com. Based on Alice Oseman’s eponymous graphic novel, the show was very well-received among fans. Read the Best of Netflix review here.
Similarly, the 2022 show Meltdown: Three Mile Island was based on a shocking real-life incident. Like the fan-favourite show Chernobyl, the series upholds a catastrophic event in 1979 Pennsylvania, perfectly portraying the subsequent media frenzy, exposure of the incompetence of government officials and overall corruption.
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is one of the very few shows like Squid Game and My Name which have a perfect Tomatometer score. Starring Park Eun-bin in the titular role as the adorable attorney on the autism spectrum who establishes herself as a competent figure, the show was a delight to fans and critics alike, especially due to Park’s heartfelt performance.
While there have been quite a few misses this year, the streamer has managed to produce some great content which has received appreciation on Rotten Tomatoes with ten such shows receiving a rare 100% rating on the Tomatometer.
With 2023 just a few days away, take a look at the list of the Netflix Original shows in 2022 with the highest rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The 10 most highest-rated 2022 Netflix Original shows:
- Heartstopper (Euros Lyn)- 100%
- Extraordinary Attorney Woo (Yoo In-shik, Moon Ji-won)- 100%
- Mo (Mohammed Amer, Ramy Youssef)- 100%
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (Rafal Jaki)- 100%
- Heartbreak High (Hannah Carroll Chapman, Ben Gannon, Michael Jenkins)- 100%
- The Longest Night (Victor Sierra)- 100%
- Meltdown: Three Mile Island (Kief Davidson)- 100%
- Savage Beauty (Lebogang Mogashoa)- 100%
- Our Great National Parks (Higher Ground Productions)- 100%
- Dead End: Paranormal Park (Hamish Steele)- 100%